Beta readers and ARC readers are an integral part of publishing, and in this issue of Indie Author Magazine, we’re making it even easier to collaborate with them. Find document sharing platforms to get your draft into their hands, explore which readers—or editors—your novel needs, and see how the right team of advance readers can launch your book to new heights before you’ve even hit Publish.
Read three key articles:
✓ Document Sharing Tips and Best Platforms for Delivering Your Manuscript Securely
✓ Developmental Editor or Beta Readers? Navigating the Book Revision Conundrum
✓ Piracy Prevention Programs for Your ARC’s Maiden Voyage
You’ll also read a Q&A with Joanna Penn, author, public speaker, entrepreneur, and the host of The Creative Penn—a writing and marketing podcast that has seen more than 8.4 million downloads since its launch in 2009. Read about her wonderfully creative career and some of the indie publishing lessons she’s learned along the way.
- Our Sassy, Advice-Giving Aunt, ★ Indie Annie ★ Gives An Author Her Two Cents on Whether to Hire a Virtual Assistant
- Everything the Only Child Needs to Know to Write Realistic Siblings
- Martelle’s Motivation: Simple Words, Not Simple Stories
- How Amazon Responded to a Viral Trend that Harmed Indie Authors
- Exploring Flights of Foundry, A Virtual Sci-Fi Convention
- Prosperity: Thinking Ahead with Your Advance Reader Team
- Sun, Sand, and Getting Schooled: 2023’s IBPA Publishing University in Review
- Corner the Market: The Subtle Art of Ad Copy
- Indie Authors Share How They Combat Loneliness with Connection
- Ten Tips: Google Workspace