Once your manuscript is finished and ready for publication, it’s time to put on your publisher’s cap and format your book. For some, this part is worse than a double root canal, and can result in a flood of frustrated tears.
But it doesn’t have to. Formatting is a skill that can be mastered, or outsourced successfully and within the tightest budgets.
★ In this issue of Indie Author Magazine, you’ll learn the top software tools the pros use to format manuscripts for every retail outlet, and how to use them, whether you’re publishing your first or fiftieth novel.
Read the three key formatting articles:
✓the Word On Formatting: Using The Most Popular App To Format Books
✓ The Perfect Polish: Using Professional Apps Like InDesign And Affinity
✓ Va-Va-Vellum: Fast, Polished Formatting That’s Easy To Use
You’ll also meet Joseph Alexander and read about his journey from musician, to author, to publisher and what that means for his future and the future of his company.
- Our sassy advice-giving aunt, ★ Indie Annie ★ shares sage advice for keeping up with writing during the holidays…
- From the Stacks: our formatting picks for indie authors.
- Praiseworthy Podcasts you need to bookmark and listen to every week.
- The technology tools the top-selling authors use — plus video tutorials!
- What makes middle-grade readers delve into stories? Learn the tropes they treasure.
- Ways authors can authentically connect with readers at Author Signing Events.
- All you need to know about horses and the mistakes writers make.
- Ten Tips for YouTube: The second largest search engine authors often overlook.
- What key terms and technologies you need to know, when considering book formats
- Part three of how to kick Imposter Syndrome to the curb.
- Want to format Amazon A+ Content? Here’s your guide to making it shine.
BONUS: Merri Maywether kicks off NaNoWriMo and shares tips for success.