The Editing Issue
EDITS. The dreaded red ink of doom. Seeing your marked-up manuscript can kill your enthusiasm faster than a hot knife through butter.
Poorly edited books will drive readers crazy — and leave 1-star scathing reviews. Worse, they can report your manuscript to the retailers, causing them to yank your books completely.
★ In this issue of Indie Author Magazine, you’ll learn what freely available techniques bestselling authors use to avoid editing disasters.
Read these articles to learn what successful indies know:
✓ What the different levels of editing are — and how to determine which you need.
✓ How to find the perfect editor and what to ask before you hire them.
✓ What affordable tools you can use to edit your own manuscript. We break them down!
In this issue of Indie Author Magazine, you’ll learn all about editing, and meet Kate Pickford, our featured author, and a powerhouse author, editor, and all-around inspiration. She shares insight that can save you time and money when it’s time to edit your manuscript.
Besides the in-depth topic articles on cover design, we have more articles for you!
- How do top-earning authors effectively use ARC and BETA READERS?
- Discover what readers of YA and DYSTOPIAN FICTION expect and how you can satisfy them.
- Learn how to bootstrap your editing process without sacrificing quality.
- Implement Ten Tips for GOODREADS – the app that gets a bad rap, but can triple your sales.
- What’s the latest technique for ISBN numbers and how do you protect your work?
- Get serious about editing software- compare the popular tools and choose the one for you.
- Read reviews of top editing books for indie authors
- Peruse Podcast Picks you need to bookmark and listen to every week
- Learn the technology tools the top-selling authors use (plus tutorials!)
- BONUS: How do you conquer crippling criticism? Monica Leonelle shares how you can filter the good feedback from the harmful.