Subscribe to the all-new Indie Author Magazine!
Each month we bring you unbiased, well-researched information, with context and sources you can trust.
** Annual Subscriptions include full access to our Android or iOS App! **
June 2021 – The First Draft Issue.
Inside this month:
- Our featured author: Jami Albright
- OP-ED from Kevin McLaughlin and his thoughts on Kindle Vella
- Nice in Newcastle seeks help from Indie Annie on how to make their characters more interesting
- We look at the new features of Scrivener 3 for Windows PLUS how to make Scrivener work for you, no matter what platform you’re on
- Collaborations are tricky! We break down how they work for a few (very) successful partners
- What do you do when you’re in the muddy middle of a first draft? We have strategies to get unstuck
- In Health and Wellness, we remind you to grab a glass of water before you’re thirsty because words are hard and you need all the help you can get
- In this month’s genre focus, we look at what makes an urban fantasy work — and what doesn’t
- In our regular feature Devil in the Details, we break down poisons and how to avoid murderous mistakes
- Our Design feature dives into author logos – why you need one and how to create one
- In our 10-Tips Series, this month we look at Clubhouse and how authors are using it to sell more books and connect with other authors to learn
|Our three themed articles give you what you need, no matter where you’re at on your author journey:|
- For beginning writers: Battling the First Draft — and Winning
- For intermediate writers: Tackling the First Draft One Day at a Time
- For advanced writers: Dictating Your Way to a First Draft