The Cover Design Issue
For indie authors, the saying, “Don’t Judge a Book By Its Cover” can kill your book sales.
The wrong cover can make or break your entire project – it can be the kiss of death and drive your rank straight to the dungeon. Worse, you may not even know why.
★ In this issue of Indie Author Magazine, we reveal the ways indie authors can avoid these mistakes.
Read this month’s cover design articles to learn what successful indies know:
✓ How to choose the right cover art and ensure you have the legal right to use it.
✓ How to find the perfect designer and what to ask before you hire them.
✓ The free tools you can use to create your own cover like a pro.
In this issue of Indie Author Magazine, you’ll learn all about covers, and meet Andrew Dobell, our featured author, and a talented cover designer. He shares insight that can save you time and money when it’s time to create your own covers.
Besides the in-depth topic articles on cover design, we have more articles for you!
- The top FIVE cover design books for indie authors
- Our Podcast Picks you need to bookmark and listen to every week
- The technology tools the top-selling authors use (plus tutorials!)
- What satisfies Sweet Romance readers? Read this and know.
- What you need to know before you dive into writing serialized fiction (including Kindle Vella, Radish, and others)
- All you need to know about pen names and how to create a secret identity
- Ten Tips for TIK TOK, the app driving 6-figure book sales
- How to expand your author community (even if you’re an introvert)
- Tips for staying healthy and adopting a successful author mindset.
- BONUS: Learn the ways you can conquer your fear of missing out – insights from industry thought-leader Suzie O’Connell.